STEM Educator and Curriculum Designer
ideaventions™, located in Oakton/Fairfax, Virginia, is an innovative educational organization focused on K-8 STEM enrichment programs, research and development of STEM curriculum and materials, and outreach and partnership initiatives to further science and technology education. ideaventions™ provides informal STEM education to children K-8 using small group lab and workshop experiences.
Ideaventions is looking for part-time educators and curriculum designers that are enthusiastic, creative and possess a passion for science and technology education. The position is to join our team, leading small-group STEM classes (labs) as part of our K-8 enrichment programs and researching, designing and developing innovative curriculum and materials to enhance informal STEM education.
· Part-time: Afternoon and flexible hours
· Competitive hourly rate
· Collaborating with an inventive and inspired team of professionals
· Applied experience - Leading small-group STEM enrichment activities
· Research, design and development of curriculum for informal STEM education
· Possess at least a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in science, engineering, or education
· Experience teaching children with excellent communications and problem solving skills
· Enjoys leading small-group, hands-on activities with creative and intellectually curious children
· Interest in researching and designing unique STEM activities, materials and experiments to engage students
To apply please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
As a condition of employment with ideaventions™, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.